A well-designed resume template can make all the difference in getting you noticed by potential employers - ensuring that you are invited to a job interview.
But what on earth does a modern, professional Australian resume or CV template look like in 2023?
Here are my top 5 tips for an effective Australian resume template:
1. Professional Profile: This section sits at the top of page 1 of your resume and should provide a brief summary of who you are and what you bring to a role. It should highlight your strengths and it’s a great place to add keywords that align with the job description.
2. Key Skills: This section on your resume front page should list your skills and abilities that are relevant to the job you are applying for. Include both technical skills (your job speciality) and soft skills (such as communication or leadership). Make sure to highlight your most relevant skills and align them with the job description.
3. Experience/Career History: This section is where you highlight your recent work history, including the companies you’ve worked for, your job title, and your job responsibilities and achievements – generally going back 10-12 years or 3-4 roles.
4. Key Achievements: As well as including achievements under each job in the Experience section, you should also highlight your top achievements on the front page of your resume. Lots of people won't read past page 1, so it's important to highlight those achievements you are most proud of.
5. Aesthetics: Your resume should be visually appealing and easy to read. Use a clean, modern font and a consistent layout throughout the document. Be sure to include plenty of white space to make the document easy on the eyes.
With these top tips for an Australian resume template in mind, you can create a resume that stands out and gets you noticed by potential employers.
Include the above to fix your resume, and see your job application response rate soar! New job, here you come.
Looking for a quality resume template suited to the Australian market that is easy to complete? Look no further than my Not Just a Resume Template Program. Enrol now for immediate access.
Want some free advice? Access the free Resume Rescue on-demand Masterclass